Monday 29 February 2016

Progress Update

This morning was spent on trying to make the enemies HP and damaged status remain the same in and out of fights. In the original you could take down a monster by using a combination of close combat and projectiles on the map screen. I'm finding some parts of RMV's core system are rather illogical. Such as you can only decrease or increase enemy HP by a variable, but can't just make it equal to one. The same is true for others setting player's item counts. This silly limitation means I have to make a mathematical formula workaround every time....and I hate maths....
While I'm mentioning the illogicalities of RMV I might add the enemies have no HP bar at all, how you could make an entire battle system while leaving out the ability for the player to know how much HP an enemy has is beyond me.

No comments:

Post a Comment